Sunday, June 24, 2007

And another one bites the dust...

It's happening again.
I have had nightmares of this scenario.
I'm losing another great friend to the East Coast.
This time, it's G.
G-Money.
G-Love.
The G man.

I met Girish eight years ago. He was one of my first friends in San Francisco. We met at the Union Street fair, where he and my roommate, Ann-Marie recognized each other across a crowded outdoor beer-area. They had met briefly in Chicago when Girish came into Ann Marie's store to purchase some skin care products for his sister. What are the odds that they would meet again.. AND recognize each other?

Throughout the years, Girish has been a SOLID friend. During the dot com boom, when I was stressing myself out with 80-100 hour work weeks, G would pry me away from my desk for dinners. The moment I hopped into his car, all of my stress faded away. He made me laugh and forget about everything that was going on. Girish was (and still is) an oasis.

And that's just the beginning. G is always happy. Always supportive. Always uplifting. Always helpful. Always fun. Always game for trying something new. Always put a smile on my face. Always the kind of person that everyone wants to be around.

And it SUCKS that he's leaving. Booooo.

Philadelphia, I hope you know how lucky you are.

(I'll miss you, G!)


(bye Charlie!)

No comments: